Six week class!
Learn how to create simple and complex ceramic forms, working on Montalvo’s pottery wheels. Various building, trimming, glazing, and surface design techniques will be demonstrated. A small group size ensures individual guidance. Your enrollment fee includes six Tuesdays of instruction and five Thursdays of optional additional studio time, during which you can continue to explore your developing clay skills. The class instructor will be present at these studio sessions to answer questions and provide feedback and guidance.
SCHEDULE (January 9 – Febraury 13):
– Tuesday, January 9, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Fundamentals of Clay
– Thursday, January 11, 10am-12pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, January 16, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Centering and Cylinders
– Thursday, January 18, 10am-12pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, January 23, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Tableware & Trimming
– Thursday, January 25, 10am-12pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, January 30, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Tableware & Trimming (cont’d)
– Thursday, February 1, 10am-12pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, February 6, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Intro to Glazing & Firing
– Thursday, February 8, 10am-12pm Open Studio
– Tuesday, February 13, 10am-2pm: Guided Instruction: Final Glazing Session
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Sue Kang is a potter from Korea who has been practicing ceramic arts in both the Bay Area and her native country for more than 30 years. She studied at Ehwa University and the University of Delaware, and served as a curator for the National Museum of Korea. Her work reflects her life in California as well as the legacy of Korean ceramic culture. Her focus is on functional, yet beautiful pieces that are relevant our everyday life, and her pieces can be seen locally at Sue’s Gallery Cafe in Saratoga.
© Copyright 2017 New SV Media Inc.