- This event has passed.
Wheel Form Ceramics
April 17, 6:00 pm - April 26, 8:30 pm
Six week class!
Learn how to create simple and complex ceramic forms, working on Montalvo’s new pottery wheels. Various building, trimming, glazing, and surface design techniques will be demonstrated. A small group size ensures individual guidance. Your enrollment fee includes six Tuesday evenings of instruction and five Thursday evenings of optional additional studio time, during which you can continue to explore your developing clay skills. The class instructor will be present at these studio sessions to answer questions and provide feedback and guidance.
SCHEDULE (April 17 – May 22):
– Tuesday, April 17, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Final Glazing Session
– Thursday, April 19, 6-8:30pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, April 24, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Intro to Glazing & Firing
– Thursday, April 26, 6-8:30pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, May 1, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Tableware & Trimming (cont’d)
– Thursday, May 3, 6-8:30pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, May 8, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Tableware & Trimming
– Thursday, May 10, 6-8:30pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, May 15, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Centering and Cylinders
– Thursday, May 17, 6-8:30pm: Open Studio
– Tuesday, May 22, 6-8:30pm: Guided Instruction: Fundamentals of Clay
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Sue Kang is a potter from Korea who has been practicing ceramic arts in both the Bay Area and her native country for more than 30 years. She studied at Ehwa University and the University of Delaware, and served as a curator for the National Museum of Korea. Her work reflects her life in California as well as the legacy of Korean ceramic culture. Her focus is on functional, yet beautiful pieces that are relevant our everyday life, and her pieces can be seen locally at Sue’s Gallery Cafe in Saratoga.