- This event has passed.
2019 Duckie Derby Paddle Boat Races
September 22, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Leadership Gilroy presents the 10th annual Duckie Derby Paddle Boat Races!
Come for the Rides, Stay for the Races!
Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 2 – 6 PM (Races start at 4 PM)
With a $10 donation to Leadership Gilroy, Duckie Derby attendees can enter Gilroy Gardens beginning at 2PM to enjoy the rides and beauty of the entire park. Tickets are available the day of the event at a designated Leadership Gilroy table near the park entrance. Kids under 12 and parking are free.
Share in all the fun at the races! At 4PM head over to Coyote Lake, located in the center of Gilroy Gardens, to cheer on your favorite local businesses and organizations! They’ll paddle a duck-shaped boat in a race around the lake and go for the win!
What to do:
– Individual tickets can be picked up on the day of the event at a designated Leadership Gilroy table located near the front entrance to Gilroy Gardens.
Sponsor a boat for $250, recruit two paddlers and watch them compete in the hilarious and fun Duckie Derby Paddle Boat Races. They’ll paddle a duck-shaped boat in a friendly race around the Gilroy Gardens lake and go for the win! In addition, your organization will receive five complimentary event entrance tickets to Gilroy Gardens (good from 2 – 6 PM) and 10 raffle tickets. Plus, you’ll receive special promotion on the Leadership Gilroy Facebook page and at the event.
What to do:
– Register and pay for your Dukie Derby team entry here at eventbrite.
– Submit your logo and company description for use on Facebook and at the event.
– Recruit two volunteers that will paddle your boat in one or more heats at the event.
– Invite your friends, family and employees to join the fun and cheer on your team. Show your team spirit with shirts or costumes!
– Invite another company to participate and enjoy a little friendly competition!
2 – 6 PM: Duckie Derby TEAMS and SPECTATORS can enter Gilroy Gardens and enjoy the park and rides!
3:45 PM: TEAMS check in at Coyote Lake, located in the center of Gilroy Gardens, and get ready to race!
4 – 6 PM: SPECTATORS head over to Coyote Lake, located in the center of Gilroy Gardens, to participate in or watch the Duckie Derby.
For more information, please contact us at 408-430-2810 or [email protected].